What is a License?
Licenses are Clipboard Health's way of defining that a Worker is eligible to work shifts. A license includes the following information:
Worker Type (aka Qualification)
- What kind of shift can you book? CNA, LVN, RN? Or something non-clinical like Chef or Receptionist?
- Where can you work shifts of this type? For clinical types, this is usually one specific state; for LVNs and RNs, this can be a multi-state license, which authorizes you to work in any participating state. (See How do Multi-State Licenses work? for more info.)
- For non-clinical types, this is usually an "Any" state.
- What's the last day this license is valid? You'll be able to book shifts for the state(s) covered by this license up until the license expiration date.
- This is required for validating your license status (but most non-clinical types won't require it).
- You can book shifts as long as your license is Active. If it's "Expiring," that means you have less than 3 months to renew and upload a replacement license. The sooner the better!
Do I need to add a License?
Probably not! We've taken all the info we already have and reorganized it into a license. If you've already sent us your license info, you don't need to add it again.
Check your My Account > Licenses screen to see what we currently have. If it looks like what you've already provided, there's nothing else you need to do. But if you have more licenses for different states or qualifications that you haven't sent us yet, you can add more!
How do I add a License?
You can upload a license by using your Clipboard Health mobile app, navigating to My Account > Licenses, and tapping the "Add License" button at the bottom.
Choose your Worker Type and fill in the other info, then tap "Submit." (Some fields are not required for certain Worker Types; these fields will be disabled, and you won't need to enter any info for them.)
Once we receive your license info, it should take a maximum of 72 hours to validate your license with the correct state board and activate it. (Non-clinical "licenses" do not require any validation, and are automatically activated when you submit them. Please allow up to 10 minutes for our database to update and show you the available shifts!)
How do I see shifts for my different Licenses?
If you have more than one unique Qualification in your Active licenses, you'll be able to choose which shifts you see based on which Qualification they're for. (You can view one at a time.)
You can choose this from anywhere in the Calendar or Map.
To switch which Qualification you're viewing shifts for, tap the button that shows your current Qualification and choose another from the drop-down (which lists all the options in your Active licenses).
What about different states?
We'll always show you shifts that are close to you. If you add a license for a different state, just change your address in My Account > Address, and we'll show you all the shifts you're eligible for!
Can I remove my own License?
If you don't want to work a particular type of shift anymore, or if your license has become invalid for some other reason, you can remove it by going to My Account > Licenses and tapping the license you want to remove. This shows a screen with the license details; tap the "Remove License" button and confirm to remove it from your account.
If you have shifts booked with this license that is not covered by another Active license, these shifts will be canceled and you may face attendance score deductions.
If you change your mind and want to add it again, you can re-submit the details and get the license approved again.
What happens when my License expires?
You won't be able to see any open shifts that end after your license expires (just before midnight on the expiration date). We'll alert you 3 months before this happens, but once the date passes, the license will be changed to Expired.
If you want to work more shifts for that worker type and state, just upload a new license that covers that state.