Please follow the troubleshooting steps in this guide if you are unable to clock in with our Clipboard NFC tag. For general information on how the Clipboard NFC tag works, please visit this article Instead.
My phone isn't reading the tag
If your phone is having a hard time reading the tag, please try the following:
- For iPhone devices, hold the top of your phone near the tag.
- For Android devices, hold the back / center of your phone near the tag.
- If you have a thick phone case, you may need to remove the case to read the tag.
If you see an error that says, "We could not complete the action. Please confirm you are using the right NFC tag and try again":
- Ask a facility staff member to confirm that you are using the right tag
If the NFC tag is still unresponsive:
- Ask an authorized facility employee to disable the tag through their Clipboard Health web portal. This will allow you to clock in using a location check.
If you are still experiencing issues after attempting all the troubleshooting steps above, please reach out to our customer support team and let us know that you are having trouble clocking in using the new Clipboard NFC tags. We will do our best to assist you.
I'm running late / I forgot to clock in
If you do not clock in within the first hour of your shift, your shift will be converted to non-InstantPay and you will not be able to clock in or clock out through the app.
- Begin your shift as scheduled and track your hours using a paper timesheet
- At the end of your shift, submit your paper timesheet to our Customer Support team via email.
Your payment will be issued once our team verifies your paper timesheet.
My phone does not support NFC tags
When you attempt to clock in, our app will detect whether your phone is compatible with NFC tags. If it is not compatible, our app will use your location to clock you in instead.
This process will happen automatically, so you will not need to do anything on your end.