If your scheduled worker did not receive your direct approval for a late arrival, and they have not arrived within 20 minutes (or more) after your shift's scheduled start-time, you can report a "no-call, no-show" (NCNS) cancellation through the Clipboard Health app.
- Your cancellation will be recorded as an NCNS on behalf of the worker.
- You will not be charged a cancellation fee.
Note: To prevent being understaffed on short-notice, some facilities prefer to contact the worker to arrange a late-arrival instead.
How to process an "NCNS"
- Initiate a shift cancellation through the app (instructions here)
- Select "No Call No Show" as your cancellation reason and complete the required fields.
- Accept the NCNS disclaimer and select "Cancel shift"
- Your shift will be unassigned but remains available for another healthcare professional to book.
Note: If the worker who was assigned to your shift arrives after you reported an NCNS, and you would like them to work your shift after-all, please contact our support team to reassign them to your shift.