You are always expected to arrive on time and ready to work at the shift’s scheduled start time. Since we understand this won’t always be possible, this article will cover what you can do and what you should expect if you are running late to a shift.
Contact the facility
- Message the facility and let them know you are running late.
- Provide the facility with your ETA.
This leaves a record of your notice and also provides a courtesy to the facility. Failure to communicate your tardiness before your shift will automatically result in a No-Call, No-Show (NCNS) penalty. Learn how to message a facility here.
What happens next?
Clipboard Health does not immediately issue a penalty against your account. However, the facility is not required to accept your late arrival after you have given notice - you are expected to be on time.
- The facility can decline or approve your late arrival.
- If they decline your late arrival - you will receive an NCNS penalty.
- If they approve your arrival - you will work your shift without receiving a penalty.