An Urgent Shift is created when a healthcare facility is in need of a healthcare professional on a very short-notice. These shifts are usually available closer to the typical start times (AM, PM and NOC) and are paid at a premium rate since you are covering a last-minute vacancy.
Urgent Shifts are valuable to facility's, patients, and healthcare professionals alike, so everybody wins when you book them.
Book an Urgent Shift
Location services must be enabled in order to receive Urgent Shifts
- Open the Clipboard Health app
- Select Find Shifts on the bottom-left of your screen
- If an Urgent Shift is available, you will see Urgent Shifts in the top-left of your screen.
No Urgent Shifts Available?
- Confirm your Locations Services are enabled.
- Try searching at a later time.
Tips for booking Urgent Shifts
When your shift gets canceled by a facility
Occasionally, a facility might have to cancel your shift on short notice. You can make this into a positive by booking an Urgent Shift which helps us improve the lives of patients while putting extra money in your pocket!
Designate "Flexible days"
Many people fill up their calendars in advance because they don't want to leave their schedule up to chance, but Urgent Shifts are always on short-notice, so well intended planners often miss out on the premium earnings that come with Urgent Shifts. For this reason, you might find that you can only book Urgent Shifts on the days you originally planned to take off.
- Set 1 or 2 days aside every month as "flexible days" where you leave the day open.
- Check for Urgent Shifts on these flexible days.
- If you find an Urgent Shift, great! If you don't, no sweat - it's a flexible day!
This gives you some intentional "wiggle room" to take advantage of Urgent Shifts without feeling like you missed out on a day of work, since you had already planned to take the day off anyway. As you get adjusted to your schedule and the volume of shifts in your area, you will likely find that Urgent Shifts are more available than you expected.
Note: Canceling your own shift on short-notice, and booking it immediately after as an Urgent Shift may result in penalties per our cancellation rules.