An Urgent Shift is created when a healthcare facility is in need of a healthcare professional on very short-notice. These shifts are usually available closer to the typical start times (AM, PM and NOC) and are paid at a premium rate since you are covering a last-minute vacancy.
Urgent Shifts are valuable to facility's, patients, and healthcare professionals alike, so everybody wins when you book them.
Urgent Shifts are currently available in select areas only. Clipboard Health may change or adjust available markets at any time.
- Sacramento-Roseville-Folsom, CA
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX
- Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, MI
Book an Urgent Shift
Location services must be enabled in order to book Urgent Shifts
- Open the Clipboard Health app
- Select Find Shifts on the bottom-left of your screen
- If an Urgent Shift is available, you will see a banner at the top of the screen.
- Tap the banner to see the available Urgent Shifts.
No Urgent Shifts Available?
If you don't see any Urgent Shifts, it is likely because there are none available for you to book at this time.
- Confirm your Locations Services are enabled.
- Try searching at a later time.*
* Urgent Shifts will likely become available around the typical start time of shifts for the AM, PM, and NOC.
Tips for booking Urgent Shifts
Check the start time of the shift
Please be prepared to leave immediately after booking an Urgent Shift. If you pick up an Urgent Shift that you have to leave immediately for, CBH will inform the facility that you will be arriving late to the shift, but you are on your way!
When your shift gets cancelled by a facility
Occasionally, a facility might have to cancel your shift on short notice. You can make this into a positive by booking an Urgent Shift which helps us improve the lives of patients while putting extra money in your pocket!
Note: Canceling your own shift on short-notice, and booking it immediately after as an Urgent Shift may result in penalties per our cancellation rules.