Shifts will be usually verified and approved for payment within 24-48 after submitting your timesheet. Delays are typically the result of a timesheet issue which can be avoided by following the guidelines below.
Use a compliant timesheet
You must use a compliant timesheet in order for your timesheet to be approved. Most facilities will provide you with a Clipboard Health timesheet, but if there are none available, you can download and print one of the timesheets below.
- General timesheet (If you are working a shift outside of CA)
- CDPH 530 form (If you are working a shift in CA)
Note: Some facilities will request that you complete their company's timesheet instead. Facility timesheets will be accepted.
Filling out your timesheet
Your timesheet must include the following details in order to be compliant:
- Date of the shift
- Your full name
- First name of authorized signee (e.g. Supervisor, DON, scheduler)
- Your signature and the signature of the authorized signee
- Correct clock in/out times
- 30-minute break time
Designation (only for CA residents using a CDPH 530 Form)
Avoid these mistakes
Ensure your timesheet is verified the first time you submit it by avoiding these common issues.
- Poor quality: Timesheet is blurry, has correction fluid/white ink, parts are cropped out or otherwise unreadable due to poor penmanship.
- Invalid shift details: Timesheet reflects the wrong date (example: timesheet submitted for 10/10, but shift was on 10/12) or the wrong shift hours (example: your timesheet reflects 6am - 3pm shift, but your scheduled shift was 3pm to 11pm).
- Missing/incorrect info: Any missing or incorrect information such as name, timestamps (clock in/out or lunch in/out), etc.
- Invalid format: Timesheet did not utilize one of our accepted templates or authorized facility timesheets. Filled out in pencil or red ink.
- Suspected fraudulent: If our team has reasonable suspicion of fraudulent activity.
- Missing signatures: Timesheet is missing your signature or the signature of the shift's authorized signee (e.g. Supervisor, DON, scheduler)
- Digitally edited: Timesheet was filled out or edited digitally.
Before you leave the facility
- Get your timesheet signed
Ask who the authorized signer will be for your shift (e.g. supervisor, DON, scheduler) and get your timesheet signed. Making this part of your routine will ensure you never forget to get it signed.
- Double-check your timesheet
Make sure all the information on the timesheet is correct and legible (no smudges, erasure marks, crossed out words, etc.). Note: Timesheet must be filled out in black/blue ink only. Digitized dates, clock-ins and signatures are strictly prohibited
- Upload your timesheet ASAP
Uploading your timesheet through the Clipboard Health app, as soon as it has been signed, ensures you will have minimal wait time between finishing your shift and getting paid (Check with the authorized signer if the facility requires that you leave the timesheet at the facility).
Filling out a sign-in sheet
A sign-in sheet is separate to your timesheet and will generally be part of your check-in process. Please ask the shift's supervisor where to locate the sign-in sheet if you cannot find it.
- Date of sign-in
- Your full name
- Title (RN, CNA, etc)
- Clock in/out time
- Lunch in/out time
- Total hours
- Your signature
- The authorized signee's name, relationship (Nurse, etc) and signature.