In addition to learning how to book a shift, understanding the booking process will help you have the best experience using our platform.
This guide covers the following topics:
- Types of shifts (AM, PM, NOC)
- Understanding shift details
- InstantBook vs Request
- Urgent shifts
- Attendance Confirmations
- Importance of Location Services
- Hazardous Hours Policy
Types of shifts
When browsing for shifts, you'll notice there are 3 tags listed below the dates.
These tags indicate the type of shifts that are available for that date. Note: Facilities may list custom shifts which will vary from the hours below.
- AM = Morning shifts (7:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
- PM = Swing shifts (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM)
- NOC = Night shifts (11:00 PM - 7:00 AM)
After selecting a date, you'll see how many shifts are available for each shift type.
Understanding shift details
Each listing includes everything you need to know about a shift:
- Start-time, end-time, and total hours.
- Hourly pay rate
- The facility's name and address
- The distance from your location
- Extra Time Pay (Not available on all shifts)
- Confirmation buttons:
- Book This Shift = You're eligible to book this shift.
- Upload Required Documents = Additional documents are needed.
You will see that our shifts display an "InstantPay" badge next to their listing. This is because 100% of shifts on Clipboard are eligible for instant payment. InstantPay allows you to get paid for your scheduled shift immediately after uploading your timesheet.
While all shifts are eligible for InstantPay by default, you'll need to check your Stripe settings and enable your location services to receive InstantPay.
InstantBook vs Request
The vast majority of facilities have InstantBook enabled, which means a shift is all yours the moment you book it. However, there are exceptions that require a confirmation from the facility before you are booked for the shift.
- InstantBook shifts have the option to Book the shift, immediately making the shift yours.
- Shifts that only have the option to Request the shift are not InstantBook shifts and require a manual confirmation from the facility.
An Urgent Shift is created when a healthcare facility is in need of a healthcare professional on short-notice. These shifts are generally available closer to typical start times for AM, PM and NOC shifts and are paid at a premium rate since you are covering a last-minute vacancy.*
*Location Services must be enabled in order to see and book Urgent Shifts. Learn more about Urgent Shifts by reading our article here.
Importance of Location Services
In order to use the Clipboard Health app, you will need to enable Location Services on your mobile device. You can read our article on how to enable Location Services here. This allows you to use important features InstantPay, access higher-paying Urgent Shifts, and effectively coordinate with a facility. You can learn more about how the app uses location data here.
Hazardous Hours Policy
In order to decrease risks to patient safety that could be caused by exhaustion, users of Clipboard Health’s marketplace cannot book shifts totaling more than 17 hours in any 24 hour period.