Setting up your payroll will enable you to receive instant, direct transfers to your debit card or 2-3 day transfers to your bank account after completing a shift. This article will help you understand the 3 main components of setting up your Payroll.
- Set up your Stripe account
- Select a deposit method
- Schedule your transfers
To learn how to set up your payroll specifically for instant payments, see our "Quick-guide for instant payments" instead.
Set up your Stripe account
All shifts are paid securely through Stripe, our payroll partner, and require that you first set up an account.
- Open the Clipboard Health app
- Select My Account (bottom-right)
- Tap Payroll to get started.
- Select Take me to my Stripe account (This redirects you to Stripe)
- Complete the form by adding your country, entity, phone number, and email.
- Select your preferred deposit method (more details below)
Select a deposit method
To complete your Stripe account setup, you must select a deposit method under "Payout Details". This determines how quickly your funds will reach your bank account after they have been withdrawn from your Stripe account.
- Debit card (Instant payouts) = your funds instantly reach your personal bank account whenever an automatic or manual withdrawal is initiated ($2.99 processing fee applies).
- Bank account = your funds will take 2-3 days to reach your personal bank account after a manual withdrawal is initiated (No processing fees)
After selecting a deposit method, your account setup will be complete and you will automatically return to the Clipboard Health app for Payroll configuration.
Schedule your transfers
Now that your Stripe account is set up, adjust your Payroll settings to determine when you want to initiate a transfer from your Stripe account into your personal bank account. Your main options are Automatic and Manual.
- In the Clipboard Health app, select Payroll
- Select "Pay Settings"
To automatically transfer your funds into your bank account:
- Enable "Stripe sends money to my account automatically"
- Select "Instantly withdraw" to receive your funds immediately after your shifts
- Or schedule an automatic withdrawal "At the end of the day" or "Every Thursday"
To manually transfer your funds into your bank account:
- Disable "Stripe sends money to my account automatically"
This will require you to manually transfer your funds by selecting Get Paid under My Account > Payroll > Earnings in your Express Balance.