What is Extra Time Pay?
Extra Time Pay is an incentive that facilities in the Clipboard Health marketplace can offer professionals for working a certain number of hours at their facility consecutively, in a calendar week, or both. The facility has the option to adjust the multiplier(s) and threshold(s) to determine when the Extra Time Pay incentive will be applied and how much the incentive will be for the professional.
Your facility’s Extra Time Pay settings can be viewed and updated anytime in the Clipboard Health web application.
Do I need to make an addendum to my contract with Clipboard Health to update my facility’s Extra Time Pay settings?
No. A facility Team Member with the Administrator role can update the Extra Time Pay settings of their facility directly in the Clipboard Health web application.
How can I update my Extra Time Pay settings?
- Open the Clipboard Health web application
- In the left panel, select Billing > Contract Terms
- Scroll the the Extra Time Pay section to view your current Extra Time Pay settings if enabled
- To update, click the Edit Settings button in the top right corner
If your account does not have the Administrator role, you will not be able to edit your facility’s Extra Time Pay settings. You may also reach out to Clipboard Health and we can update your facility’s Extra Time Pay settings on your behalf. You’ll need Administrator access to request the change.
When will changes to my facility’s Extra Time Pay settings take effect?
You’ll be able to update and view your facility’s Extra Time Pay settings starting November 9, 2023.
What are the different types of Extra Time Pay?
Clipboard Health supports two types of Extra Time Pay: Workday and Weekly. For each type of Extra Time Pay, the rate of the shift, including any applicable differentials, is multiplied by a multiplier chosen by your facility (for example, 1.5x) for every hour over a threshold amount set by your facility (for example, 40 hours in a week or 8 hours worked consecutively). Your facility can choose which type of Extra Time Pay to offer.
- Workday Extra Time Pay is offered when a professional works for more than a threshold number of hours consecutively at your facility through the Clipboard Health app. Consecutive hours are considered over more than one shift, i.e. back-to-back shifts or doubles, as long as the gap between the two shifts is less than 60 minutes. The workday threshold can be configured by facilities between 2 and 16 hours. A second Workday threshold can also be added. So, for example, your facility can enable Workday Extra Time Pay at 1.5x the normal rate for consecutive hours in excess of 8 and at 2.0x the normal rate for consecutive hours in excess of 12.
- Weekly Extra Time Pay is offered when a professional works more than 40 hours in a calendar week, from Sunday 12am to Saturday 11:59pm, at your facility. Shifts are included in the calendar week based on the start time of the shift. Any Extra Time Pay charged for a Workday Extra Time Pay to the same professional in the same week will be subtracted from the Weekly Extra Time Pay bonus to avoid a double charge.
How will I be invoiced for Extra Time Pay?
Additional charges for Extra Time Pay will be included in the same invoice as the shift that was worked by the professional to earn the Extra Time Pay bonus. In the invoice line item, we will display the base rate, multiplier, and how many hours were worked above the threshold that apply to the final Extra Time Pay calculation.
You may also view these charges in the Billing > Upcoming Charges page of the Clipboard Health web application.