When the app detects a potential no-show (NS), an Urgent Shift is automatically posted to Clipboard Health's marketplace at premium rates, connecting your facility with a qualified professional at no additional cost to you.
In addition, you can manually request an Urgent Shift via the web or mobile app, when you report a no show, if you need a shift filled at the last minute - at no additional cost to you.
Requesting an Urgent Shift
There are two scenarios that will enable you to request an urgent shift:
- When you mark a professional as a no-show.
- When a professional ends their shift early.
Requesting an Urgent shift for a no-show.
When you initiate an NS via the Worker no show button on the shift card, you will get a pop-up that asks you to confirm the NS and if you would like to request a replacement professional at no additional cost.
- Check the No Call No Show confirmation box.
- Check the box that says, "I'd like to request a replacement professional at no additional cost," and we will create an Urgent shift.
Note: The option to request a replacement professional will be available from 0-2 after the shift start time. If you need assistance requesting an Urgent beyond 2 hours after the shift start time, please contact our Support team.
Requesting an Urgent Shift when a professional ends their shift early
If a professional leaves the building before the end of their shift without clocking out, starting their break, or making a sent-home request, we will notify you and offer a replacement.
Should this happen, you will receive a notification that prompts the following options:
- Click the blue "Do you need a replacement" text, then confirm your request for an Urgent Shift.
- This will cause an Urgent Shift to be posted to the marketplace.
- When a professional books the Urgent Shift, you will receive a notification, and the app will update to display their information in the shift card.
Confirming a cancellation
- If we cannot confirm that a professional is on their way, we'll let you know and post an Urgent Shift to the marketplace. You can see all of this as it happens in the app.
- If you cancel a shift while an Urgent Shift is posted, a pop-up message will appear asking you to confirm the cancellation. Should you cancel the shift, any potential replacement shift will be canceled at the same time, so it's best to let the app work for you.
- While you have the option to cancel a shift at any time, late cancellations may be subject to charges based on your contract. However, if a professional's Worker ETA indicates they will be 20 minutes or more late, any cancellation charges will be waived automatically.