If a workplace rejects your sent-home request, your attendance will be marked as a no-call, no-show (NCNS).
- You will not receive any applicable sent-home pay for this shift.
- Your Attendance Score will receive an NCNS point deduction.
- Pending sent-home requests will appear under My Shifts and will not affect your Attendance score while still pending.
Why was I rejected?
A workplace may reject your sent-home request if any of the following are true:
- You left the workplace without being asked to do so by an authorized staff member.
- You arrived late without the workplace’s prior approval, and the workplace chose to decline your arrival.
- You were sent home for exhibiting unprofessional behavior in the workplace or refusing a task/assignment.
- You test positive for COVID upon arrival*.
*If your sent-home request is rejected due to COVID, you may dispute your attendance score penalty, but you will not be eligible for sent-home pay.
Disputing a rejection
If you believe your sent-home request was falsely rejected, please submit an Attendance Score dispute by completing this form. Our Terms Team will investigate your dispute and provide an update on their findings within 72 hours.
- If your dispute is accepted, we will reverse your penalty and process your applicable payment.
If your dispute is rejected, the penalty will remain in effect.